Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bad #6: EATING DOGS

Why on Earth would you eat dogs?

I know this practice isn't just here in the Philippines. In fact, there are other countries here in Asia that eat dogs more often than Filipinos do. But still. WHY?



People eat this dish called Asocena or Azucena. It's basically dog meat. How can you eat a man's best friend?

How can you eat this cute wittle thing?
HOW???
A night ago, I saw a video named "Farm to Fridge." It shows everything people do to pigs, chicken, and cows before they are served right in front of us. To save you from watching that graphic video, let me tell you how they kill these animals instead.

PORK - Those poor pigs. (I know I sound like a hypocrite 'cause I love bacon but seriously...) I'm not sure what the right way of killing pigs are, but some workers just kick pigs brutally so they'll move faster. Some hangs them on the ceiling then slit their (the pigs) throats WHILE CONSCIOUS. The piglets, on the other hand, are castrated shortly after birth. The workers rip off the little piglet's testicles and cuts off its tail all without anesthesia. Some workers would slam these piglets head first into the floor really hard over and over again.

Bacon :(

POULTRY - Honestly, I don't feel bad about chickens as much as I did while watching the part about the pigs and the cows but anyway... As soon as a chick hatches from the egg, workers would separate the females from the males and roughly throws them through this hole. Through those holes, the male chicks would go into this grinder, and there, they're grounded up alive. Some are put into a garbage bag and tied up to be suffocated. The female chicks are then kept in a cage all until they grow up. They are all packed into a cage, never seeing sunlight and never to breathe fresh air. Most of them suffer from severe feather loss. Then they're gonna be drowned in hot oil/water.

Googled "chicks" and 90% were half naked women wtf

BEEF - Pretty much the same way with Pigs. It's really sad how a worker would tie a cattle to a fence then castrate it and the poor little thing would cry and wither in pain. Then, same thing goes, these cows' throats are slit all while they're still alive OR they're placed into this machine where their heads are hanging out, then the said machine will rotate and they're gonna be beheaded.


I know this was supposed to be an article about dogs, but I wanted to tell everyone that if they do these horrible things to cows and pigs, of course the way they kill dogs aren't that different. Dogs were made to stick by our side. Protect us and just be a friend. So why would you eat its meat? By eating its meat, you are actually being okay with the killing of dogs. Again, yes, you can call me a hypocrite because I feel bad about pigs and cows and yet I still eat pork and beef but I believe that dogs are a different story because like I said, dogs are a man's best friend. WOULD YOU EAT YOUR BEST FRIEND?

Don't eat me plz :(



No comments:

Post a Comment