Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bad #2: People Like Coleen Perlas

So yesterday, I saw a video on my News Feed on Facebook about a girl named Coleen Perlas. Apparently this girl has been trending on Twitter because of her video. I watched it, and yes, I got inspired to make a new post.


The first part of this post is mostly ranting, then the second part is, well...not ranting? And here we go...

Honestly, that video is embarrassing. I don't know her age but what she did is very very very immature.If I was the girl she was talking about, Maxine, was it? If I was her, I'd laugh my ass off. Seriously. All I could think of while watching the video was "What the f---???"

She sure is living the life. Rich and famous (for all the WRONG reasons).

Moving on to the next part...

This girl is a shame to our nation. She is the kind of person that deserves to have rocks thrown at her.

The first thing that really annoyed me is when she started bragging about being in Japan. Just because she's in Japan, she begins to think she's "all that." She thinks she's suddenly better than all of us because she's in another country. Now I'm not just talking about her. I know a few people (Filipinos, of course) who also are like her. They all think they're above us just because they can afford to be outside the country. Oh and, Coleen, for all I know, there are lots of people in Japan who would hand out free tissues on the street. Perhaps you should go out and get some.

Then she brags about how rich they are. How her mom held "billions" of cash. I pity this girl. She just had a taste of the good life and she suddenly became arrogant and again, thinking she's way waaaaay above us. I pity her because as we all know, money won't last forever. The way she's acting, do you think someone will be there for her when she loses all the riches she brags about?

While watching the video, it will be hard not to notice her poor grammar. She keeps threatening, and cursing. There's a short moment when she's speaking (threatening, I think) in English and it's obvious she's reading something. If you're rich, shouldn't you be taking English lessons first before making a video to threaten someone? The occasional sniffles are annoying too. Go buy Neozep, rich kid. Since she was going to brag about her riches anyway, she should have gotten herself a fancy camera so the video would've been 1080p.

Ugh. Anyway, point is. (Some) Filipinos should stop with the "I've been to another country that's why I'm better than you" logic. It makes you an arrogant prick. Don't be like Coleen Perlas. She's so evil witch.*

*watch the video before laughing at me about this.

Remember to keep your feet on the ground.

5 comments:

  1. If Coleen wants to have a tissue I would love to give her some, But I too have a cold so I'm not sharing!! LOL That girl soooooo arrogant. I didn't watch the video 'till the end because my nose is bleeding (not literally) because of she's trying to say.
    Hah! Loving this blog btw.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I start, I would just like to say that I find the video the girl made to be petty, annoying, and juvenile. I dislike cyber bullying though as much as any other form of bullying and what is happening to this girl is another fine example of mob mentality and a good reason why courts give out justice rather than vigilante justice. I'll play the devil's advocate here and challenge some of the assumptions you have made in this blog post.

    There are always two sides of every story. Yes, Coleen's arrogance might be demeaning herself, but then again, anger does tend to make people go bonkers. What if this Maxine girl was really a "bitch" to her? What if she did something that hurt Coleen really badly, enough to post a video like this? We have no idea what they are actually fighting about are we?

    Having said that, we shouldn't judge other people based on a fragment of their life, without any context, and without anything else to base it on aside from a 6 minute video.

    By posting this blog post, you are doing the same thing this Coleen girl did, if not an even more petty version of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then why should she post it online then? she's just looking for attention.. but still. Is it appropriate to say bad things. She posted it on facebook man. To do what? We might not know what happened to them but the fact that She's being bitchy. tss.

      Delete
    2. First of all, you should know that I have been through bullying myself, both online and offline, so I know what you mean about anger making people go bonkers.

      If you think this post was solely to target Coleen and just bash her, have you read the whole post? I'm neither on Coleen's side, nor on Maxine's side. If Maxine was that much of a bitch, I hate her as much as Coleen does. But Coleen was also very immature to get back at her in this way.

      But have you read the post, man? My post was about not being like her. Like how she acted. Like how she thinks. Like how she suddenly thinks she's better because she's in another country.

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the very late reply! :)

      I actually did read the entire post and truly enjoyed it. It comes straight from the heart and its raw. That's why your post was awesome.

      I guess I'm just used to reading articles that lead the person to a make their own decision on the subject matter by stating the events and questioning their preconceived thoughts on the matter, rather than one that clearly judges the person and her actions.

      I know where you're coming from though. I've posted my share of rants. I don't mean to insult. Just stating that we should leave judging to judges and that we shouldn't use the internet to bash other people and how they use it.

      Social responsibility apples to all, not just people like the Coleen girl.

      Delete