Monday, May 27, 2013

Good #2: Filipino Desserts

Time for a good-labeled post. Filipino desserts! Who doesn't like at least one Filipino dessert?

Halo-Halo, why so yummy?
Above, is the ever popular Halo-Halo. It looks yummy, and it definitely is yummy (depending on where you bought it).

Halo-Halo is popular especially during summer, when the temperature dances around 32C-36C or 90F-97F. It's sweet, it cools you down, and it's affordable. Why not buy this instead of that frapp from Starbucks?

Yummy-ness: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

It's not only Halo-Halo that's yummy. We also have (my ultimate favorite)...

Sapin-Sapin!

Sapin-Sapin (why does it seem like Filipinos love naming their foods this way?). It's a kakanin that isn't too sweet, and has that brown, coconut-something shavings on top which is sweet and adds to the yummy-ness.

Yummy-ness: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

Another popular dessert is the Leche Flan.


This! Gawd. I love this too. It's a sweet dessert that every sweet-toothed person will love. A flan drenched it sweet, sweet syrup. Whoever invented this, you are amazing. (Wait. This is a Filipino dessert...right...?)
UPDATE: Turns out, this isn't a Filipino dessert, but I'm not gonna remove it here because of that sexy picture.

Yummy-ness: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Next! Something for merienda as well. You can buy this on the streets too!

I hate it when it has jackfruit.
Banana wrapped in that...edible wrapper thing, with brown sugar (or a caramelized one) then cooked until golden and crispy. Some people like adding langka or jackfruit with the banana, it adds flavor but meh. PASS.

Yummy-ness: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

Then we have the (probably) underrated Palitaw.

It's really yummy.

This is one of my favorites too. I think it's underrated 'cause I don't see a lot of people eating this. It's another really yummy kakanin. It's coated with coconut something and sprinkled with sugar aaaand...sesame seed-looking stuff.

Yummy-ness: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Lastly (I don't wanna make this a very long post, y'know.), the Suman.

Of course you unwrap it, you dummy.
I can't find a better picture, sorry. There are 3 kinds of suman, there's the thin and white one that (I think) most people dip(?) in sugar (at least, I do), there's the fat one that comes with some sort of syrup (it tastes bad without the syrup), and there's the one you can eat as it is (without the wrapper!).

Yummy-ness: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡

So that's all that I can name and mention for now. You (foreigners) have to try these. It's all really yummy, again, depending on where you bought it.

Abrupt end of my post because I'm really hungry from looking at pics of desserts. Time to eat!

2 comments:

  1. you make a blog about food but don't even know what those ingredients are called. and your grammar sucks. just quit blogging and get back to bitching around fb
    Sincerely, MANKIND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says the anonymous person who doesn't know proper punctuation and capitalization. News flash: This ain't a food blog. Why don't you stop hiding as an anonymous person and tell me that on FB directly so we can see if you have the balls to do so. I absolutely despise people like you who have guts to say such things because they can do it anonymously. Now message me, you anonymous fag.

      Delete