Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bad #5: Wanting to be "White"

NO, I'm not referring to a race, you racist. I was talking about skin color.


I am confused why almost all Filipinas want whiter skin. Now, before you call me a hypocrite or whatever, I was born with fair skin. I didn't "become white" because of Glutathione or papaya soap. Plus, I don't go outside a lot. NO I am not bragging, I'm just letting you know since most people keep asking me the following:

  1. Why are you so white?
  2. Is that from Gluta?
  3. What soap do you use?
  4. Did you bleach your skin?
Why do most people think you take Gluta or whatever when you're fair-skinned? I am bothered by this.

Anyway. So yeah, I don't get it. There are some women who actually look really great with their naturally tanned skinned. Like the ever-famous "panget yan pag pinaitim mo" line women say when they see a fair-skinned Filipina, not everyone will look good fair-skinned too y'know?

Okay. My soap is a whitening soap, but I use that to MAINTAIN my skin color. I was born fair-skinned, tanned a lot ( like A LOT) when I was in elementary and high school (thank you, teachers who love putting students under the sun for hours!), then slowly went back to being fair-skinned when I was stuck here at home for quite some time. Point is, the thing I hate is when naturally tanned Filipinas are so desperate to be fair-skinned, stuck on the thought that "the whiter your skin, the prettier you become." Like I said, why can't we embrace our own natural skin color?

Example: Isabelle Daza.

Y U SO PRETTY *_*
See what I mean? She isnt that fair-skinned but she is so pretty. You need to love your skin color, girl! Let's just hope she isn't like those stars who are naturally tanned then all of a sudden, BAM! White as f- *cough* Kathryn Bernardo *cough* ANYWAY...

Filipinas need to stop trying and trying to whiten their skin. You never know, your desperate attempt to be white might lead you to just purchasing whatever whitening pills (and no, just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's because it's effective) you see just to be white ASAP, which might be dangerous and you might end up dying because of it.

There are even some who are so desperate that they buy whitening products for their face, and forget about their body. Hello white face + tanned body = not really a nice sight.

But, if you still really want to be white, be like those manangs who wear long sleeves all the time when they go out, wear a hat, wear shades, use an umbrella too while you're at it, then use whitening lotions and soaps at home. Idk. Whatever floats your boat.

Should Filipinas start embracing their natural skin color?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

1 comment: