Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bad #4: Littering!

Hello! I am back with a new post. I took a break, and if you are an active follower or a friend on my Facebook account, you'd know what happened.

Anyway.

Littering! Ugh. I hate it. I know it's not only here in the Philippines, in fact, there are lots of countries who don't give a single damn about litter. But whatever. Should we do the same? On the bright side, there are cities here that work hard (as in, you can obviously see it) when it comes to keeping their city clean. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Marikina is one of 'em? Makati too, I think. I don't know. I'm not sure.



FILIPINOS! Wake up. You bought a candy. It's just a tiny wrapper that could fit in your pocket. You can throw it in the trash can once you see one but why throw it on the ground? Then you're gonna hate it when flood comes and all the stuff in your house gets drenched and ruined.

So why not start by keeping that little trash in your bag or pocket and throw it in the trash can later instead of just throwing it on the ground?

What about the smokers, you ask? Well! Instead of throwing that cigarette butt on the ground as well, why not wrap it with a paper or something, put it in your pocket, then throw it in the trash later. I admit, some family members of mine don't do this and I hate them for that. Well, I already hate the fact that they smoke. Smoking is like a slower version of suicide, don't ya think? Plus, it causes air pollution AND! It causes even more harm to the innocent people (*cough* me *cough*) who may accidentally inhale that smoke.

Okay, okay. This is turning into a post about smoking. Moving on...

If you don't like floods that ruin homes, why not start by I don't know, NOT LITTERING?



I think it's really nice to see a clean, litter-free city. Hello! Quezon City, you have these "Anti-Littering Campaign" ads posted everywhere but I don't see any change at all! Probably because no one isn't really doing anything for that campaign to actually happen. No one's even looking out for people who litter and charge them for littering or something. It sucks. Seriously, I saw that ad posted on a waiting area(?) and around that same area are, guess what? TRASH. Full of trash.

Want change? Start with yourself.

DON'T LITTER.

Keep your trash in your bag or pocket, then throw it in the trash can later. Easy, right?
I'm sure you can do it, you good citizen!


No comments:

Post a Comment